In today’s world, with growing traffic and pollution, the effect on our body and mind is highly disturbing. After long days at work, you would not want to get stuck in traffic jams. But, unfortunately we do! These cause hazards to our mind that increase stress and headaches. While mental pain is one aspect, the other is that to our body.
Getting stuck in traffic jams trigger back issues and also since we are constantly inhaling all the toxic gases emitted by vehicles and industries, we are under constant threat to cope with these chemicals. These are adding extra pressure for our body to fight against the toxins.
Toxic gases and pollution lead to enormous problems physically. Inhaling this polluted air can affect our lungs. While smoking is the primary cause for our lungs being affected, pollution also contributes significantly. While, pollution control is a slow and steady process, we need to ensure we protect ourselves to avoid further problems. Speaking of breathing, lungs are the most essential and main organ that help in observing oxygen and releasing out carbon di oxide Lungs are the most essential organ of our body and right breathing is highly essential to feed oxygen in every cell of our body. Hence, we need to ensure utmost care
Here are some go-to tips to take care of our lungs.
- Diaphragmatic breathing – breathing from the lower diaphragm, helps you inhale much strongly and hence observe more and more oxygen.
- Regular deep breathing – along with normal breathing, taking deep breaths at constant intervals helps your lungs open up and chest to expand.
- Correct posture – with correct posture comes right breathing. This is one of the important techniques to right inhale and exhale.
- Stay Hydrated – Good hydration throughout the day helps the mucosal linings stay thin. Thin lining helps the lungs function better.
- Be active – regular exercises and walks maintain healthy life of the lungs.
So make sure to follow these tips regularly and follow a healthy lifestyle.
Img Credits – pnpcert